1 Peter 5:1-11 (NLT)
1Pe 5:1 And now, a word to you who are elders in the churches. I, too, am an elder and a witness to the sufferings of Christ. And I, too, will share in his glory when he is revealed to the whole world. As a fellow elder, I appeal to you:
1Pe 5:2 Care for the flock that God has entrusted to you. Watch over it willingly, not grudgingly—not for what you will get out of it, but because you are eager to serve God.
1Pe 5:3 Don’t lord it over the people assigned to your care, but lead them by your own good example.
1Pe 5:4 And when the Great Shepherd appears, you will receive a crown of never-ending glory and honor.
1Pe 5:5 In the same way, you younger men must accept the authority of the elders. And all of you, serve each other in humility, for
"God opposes the proud but favors the humble."
1Pe 5:6 So humble yourselves under the mighty power of God, and at the right time he will lift you up in honor.
1Pe 5:7 Give all your worries and cares to God, for he cares about you.
1Pe 5:8 Stay alert! Watch out for your great enemy, the devil. He prowls around like a roaring lion, looking for someone to devour.
1Pe 5:9 Stand firm against him, and be strong in your faith. Remember that your Christian brothers and sisters all over the world are going through the same kind of suffering you are.
1Pe 5:10 In his kindness God called you to share in his eternal glory by means of Christ Jesus. So after you have suffered a little while, he will restore, support, and strengthen you, and he will place you on a firm foundation.
1Pe 5:11 All power to him forever! Amen.
Sunday, April 6, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I read this quote by CS Lewis from the facebook wall of our friend, Mike Palmer: "What saves a man is to take a step. Then another step."
That is meaningful to me. Because I honestly don't have a lot of faith in my ability to leave behind all that the word I wrote on that blue piece of paper means to me. I have repeatedly left that word behind only to pick it back up on the way out of the room where I left it. The word? Incontentment. I've called it other things before, but I tried to find the deepest meaning of these actions (and lack thereof) and attitudes, and it all comes back to this word. I don't know if I can leave it behind this time. Correction: I'm absolutely positive that I cannot leave it behind. In fact, I'm not sure I've actually let go of it yet. I know that I am His, yet I don't know if all of I is his. I should pray that all of I is His. And I hope that what has happened this week is a step. And I pray for courage for just one more.
I pray that each of you are experiencing the blessings of peace, which were bought with the blood of our Lord. Grace and peace to you.
Nate
Nate it takes a lot of courage to talk about yourself in this manner, I think there is some great truth to what you stated. I find myself feeling the same way at times, maybe more than I care to admit. But one thing is for sure:
"Give all your worries and cares to God, for he cares about you." (1 Peter 5:7)
Life can be full of disapointments, I know I've had plenty of them, but God has never failed me yet!
I will be praying for you Nate as well as the rest of our group! Peace!
Zach
Post a Comment