Isaiah 40:9-11 (NLT)
Isa 40:9 O Zion, messenger of good news, shout from the mountaintops! Shout it louder, O Jerusalem. Shout, and do not be afraid. Tell the towns of Judah, "Your God is coming!"
Isa 40:10 Yes, the Sovereign LORD is coming in power. He will rule with a powerful arm. See, he brings his reward with him as he comes.
Isa 40:11 He will feed his flock like a shepherd. He will carry the lambs in his arms, holding them close to his heart. He will gently lead the mother sheep with their young.
Sunday, April 6, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Wow! What a powerful passage! It is a message of hope to a people who have been stripped of everything that's important to them. I think a lot of us live in that place -- we find ourselves with little hope. For sure, we are hopeless without Him. What the clincher about this passage is that this prophecy was already fulfilled. Christ came and offered hope to Israel and the entire world. And now His hope is available to us today. And we get to distribute it to others. I pray that I become maximally effective in the ways I use my talents to serve Him.
Nate
Post a Comment